Small Faces

Posted by rockindomp3







Nothing to say this week, been sick and don't really feel like writing, but since I've been reading Simon Spence's Immediate (Black Dog Publishing), an excellent look at Andrew Oldham's UK label, I started looking at these Small Faces clips that I'd book marked over a year ago. Some excellent footage of a great band that here in America were basically a one hit wonder (Itchycoo Park). I don't think they ever toured here, and certainly were rare to see on TV. The top clip is lip sychned but nice to see in color and with the added presence of ex-Ikette P.P. Arnold (First Cut Is The Deepest). The German Beat Club clips are killer, even though I've never liked Sha-La-La-La-Lee much (neither did they, Steve Marriot refused to sing it live after 1966). I like how their instruments look so huge (because they were so tiny). Tiny or not, they packed a punch. I recommend you find the BBC sessions (look here and notice the pw for unstuffing is mud) which make a great addition to their studio sides which I assume everyone has already.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment