Robert Quine

Posted by rockindomp3

Hangover Hop (Live WFMU radio broadcast) 1992 Brian Redman, Me, Robert Quine.

Me, Jeremy Tepper, Quine, Hangover Hop 1992. photos by michael macioce

Since the old links don't work, I thought I should re-post this, since there's no other way to hear this music. These are the last recordings done by Robert Quine whom I've already posted on. Today is his birthday. He would have been 67. He was one of my closest friends and I miss him something awful. These recordings were done for the soundtrack to a film made by a neighbor of his. I've never seen the film and have no idea if it was ever released, or even what the title of it is. It was done in his home studio, he's playing all the instruments (guitars/bass and drum programs). You can get a good idea of what a tortured state of mind he was in in those final months. When these recordings were made it had been five months since his wife Alice Sherman Quine passed away. These recordings show that Quine was playing better than ever in his last days, and also that his style had changed a bit. He was no longer was using the whammy bar or even his trademark Stratocaster, having made the switch to the Telecaster a couple of years earlier. I think some of his best playing can be found on these tracks.
I have already posted on Quine, his life, and death and my friendship with him and have nothing to add to what I've already written. Here's the music:

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment